A new carpet or flooring isn’t cheap, so when you buy one you want to make sure it’s an investment that’s going to last you well over a number of years. A pet can bring a lot of love to a home, however along with this they can bring a little damage and destruction. It’s important when you get new flooring in your home that you ensure you do the best job at protecting and maintaining it to ensure it keeps looking its best.
Here are 5 tips to help prevent and minimise damage to your flooring:
1. Accidents happen, but if you can wipe up your pets urine and other accidents as soon as they happen you can prevent any stains.
2. Dog’s nails can be quite sharp so by regularly clipping them this will prevent them scratching the surface of the floor or getting caught in the carpet fibres.
3. Pets can bring in a lot of dirt from outside, so by placing mats in all your doorways it will stop any debris from been taken through the house onto the floors.
4. Make sure that you don’t put your pet’s food and water bowls straight on the bare carpet or floor. Use something to collect the excess water and food to stop unexpected damage.
5. Keep on top of the vacuuming as often as possible to clean up any fur or paw dirt.
If you make sure you follow these 5 simple steps it will allow you to have more fun with your four legged friends without having to worry about your carpet or flooring. If you need any advice for pet friendly flooring options check out our blog, or pop into the showroom in Clifton to see all your different options.